Even if your city has top standards for providing their population with clean water, there can still be many impurities that the water interacts with before it reaches your home. These impurities can have negative effects on your health as well as damage your plumbing. Common minerals such as magnesium and calcium can hinder your plumbing system’s performance and result in clogs, brittle pipes, and leaky plumbing. These reasons are why it’s more important than ever to ensure the water you are drinking, bathing, and using in your day to day is safe for you and your family.
Table of contents:
- What is water treatment?
- What problems can you face when dealing with untreated water?
- Contaminants to be aware of in your water system
- Our water treatment services for Houston homes
- Other plumbing services for the Houston area
What is Water Treatment?
Water treatment is a process that improves the quality of water for the end user. It removes contamination or reduces their concentration to make the water meet the user’s needs.
What Problems Can You Face When Dealing with Untreated Water?
Untreated water can be home to minerals that contribute to build up within your plumbing system and around your fixtures, making them harder to use and can cause long term issues that become expensive to fix.
Some common issues caused by mineral build up include:
- Water spots can form on your appliances and fixtures, these are notoriously hard to clean without professional help and only get worse with time.
- Plumbing line buildup occurs as minerals deposits build up within your pipe system, and in some bad cases it can render your system useless.
- Reducing the effect of soap, hard water stops soap from dissolving properly making everyday tasks like washing dishes or doing your laundry much harder than it needs to be.
Contaminants to be aware of in your water system
The following are some off the most common contaminants found in our water systems:
- Pesticides and herbicides: Pesticides enter our water systems through groundwater and contain chemicals that are harmful to humans
- Aluminum: studies have associated high exposure to aluminum with impaired brain function, and decreased bone density
- Arsenic: This is a carcinogen that has been linked to circulatory damage
- Barium: Studies have found that barium can contribute to high blood pressure
- Cadmium: Ingesting high levels of cadmium has been associated with kidney disease, nausea and vomiting, stomach cramps and gastrointestinal issues
- Chromium: This carcinogen has been associated with liver, kidney, and nervous system damage
- Copper: High levels of copper consumption can cause nausea, vomiting, and other stomach irritations
- Lead: High levels of lead consumption have been associated with brain and kidney damage
- Manganese: High levels of manganese consumption have been associated with decreased attention span, issues with memory loss and issues with motor skills.
- Thallium: High levels of thallium consumption in short periods of time have shown to cause hair loss and damage the intestinal tract kidneys and liver
The Repipe Company’s Water Treatment Services for Houston Homes
Now that you know how important it is to treat your water, let us do the hard part for you.
The Repipe Company offers a variety of water treatment services for the Houston area including:
- Water Treatment Tests: These tests will be performed by our team of licensed plumbers to uncover what impurities are in your current water system.
- Carbon Water Filtration: Carbon filters can effectively remove or reduce many contaminants from water. These contaminants include chlorine, lead, pesticides etc.
- Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration: Reverse osmosis filtration is a process that removes foreign contaminants, minerals, and solid substances from water using pressure to push the contaminants through specialized membranes.
- Water Softeners: Water softener is a filtration system designed to remove high concentrations of calcium and magnesium that promotes mineral buildup in pipes and cause hard water.
Contact us for all your water treatment needs!
Other Plumbing Services for the Houston Area
Some of our other plumbing services available to the Houston area include:
- Leak Detection Services
- Tub & Shower Repair & Replacement
- Sink Installation & Repair
To view the full list of our plumbing services, visit our main plumbing page.