Early detection is the most important factor regarding leaks in your home. Whether it’s from your pipes, under slab or other aspects of your plumbing, undetected leaks can cause thousands of dollars of damage. Avoid this nightmare and contact The Repipe Company today for a leak detection inspection!
Our certified plumbers will quickly and expertly detect, and repair leaks in your plumbing system.
Table of Contents
- What causes a pipe to leak?
- What issues can leaks cause?
- Signs of a pipe leak to look out for
- The Repipe Company’s water leak detection services for Houston, TX
- Other plumbing services for the Houston area
What Causes a Pipe to Leak
There are many reasons why your pipes could start to leak, here are some common reasons that may apply to you:
- Temperature changes: Extreme shifts in temperature ( ex. overnight freezes) can cause cracks in the pipes as the water expands. In Texas most of our plumbing is not designed for these large shifts in weather, meaning there is a high possibility for pipes bursting during freezes.
- Corrosion: Pipes made of copper or galvanized steel are susceptible to rust, which breaks down the durability of the pipes and makes it easier for cracks to form
- Shifts in the foundation: Due to Houston’s high density of clay earth most homes are set with concrete foundations as their base. As we are prone to flooding shifts in your home’s foundation are common and can disrupt your water lines and crack your pipes
- High water pressure: High water pressure can damage your pipes over time as it wears down the material. The rapid fluctuations between the speed of the water coming out of the faucet increases the risk of your pipes bursting
- Tree roots: small cracks in pipes release water vapor into the surrounding soil. The release of this vapor attracts tree roots and prompts them to bury into your piping, making the existing cracks larger and cause for issue.
What Issues Can Leaks Cause
Ignoring a small leak can very quickly become a problem that went from a quick fix to thousands of dollars of repair. Although not all leaks are cause for worry you should always repair them as soon as possible and monitor your plumbing to ensure there is no lasting damage.
Some common issues caused by leaks in your plumbing system include:
- Poor water quality
- Warped walls
- Water-stained walls
- Rotting wood in the frame of your home thus damaging its structural integrity
- Invasive black mold
When these occur homeowners typically must replace the entire affected wall or area. Making it imperative to detect the issue early on!
Does this sound like something you’re experiencing? Contact us today!
Signs of a Pipe Leak to Look Out For
Sometimes leaks are easy to spot. Whether that’s the leaky bathroom faucet driving everyone crazy or the crack in the pipe under the kitchen sink.
However, this is not always the case. Leaks in your piping can happen in your attic, throughout the walls of your home or even under the slab of your home.
Contact The Repipe Company if you are experiencing the following:
- Sudden decrease in water pressure
- Cracks in the floor or foundation
- An unexplained increase in your water bill
- Discolored flooring or walls
- Musty or mildew odor coming from the floors and walls
- The sound of water running when there are no taps open
- Grass or foundation plants grown unevenly
The Repipe Company’s Water Leak Detection Services for Houston TX
We are Houston’s premier plumber for leak detection services, we offer non-invasive detection procedures to get right to the source of the leak.
Our leak detection services for homes in the Houston area include:
- Completing a walkthrough of the home to check for any signs of a possible leaks. This walk through will include procedures such as checking fixtures, irrigation, under sinks, and pool systems. As well as reviewing the water meter in the home.
Our non-invasive procedures for detecting leaks within walls or under the foundation include:
- Camera Inspection: Utilizing cameras that are snaked into the plumbing system we can view in real time what is happening within the pipes themselves.
- Hydrostatic Testing: Utilizing this technique we can test piping pressure vessels such as plumbing, pipelines, gas cylinders etc. This non-destructive technique uses a pressurized water flow at 1.5 the design pressure limit to allow us to uncover the source of the leak.
Once we have detected the leak and determined its severity, we will provide you with an estimate on repair costs.
Don’t let your leaky faucet turn into a month-long repair costing you thousands of dollars.
Other Plumbing Services for the Houston area
Some of our other plumbing services available to the Houston area include:
- Water Treatment Services
- Tub & Shower Repair & Replacement
- Sink Installation & Repair
To view the full list of our plumbing services, visit our main plumbing page.